Thursday, September 8, 2011

Anybody care that Fashion Week started today?

Anna Dello Russo and fast fashion may not seem like a likely pairing, but somehow Macy’s managed to get the Vogue Nippon editor and street style star on board to guest-edit a collection. To ADR herself, however, the partnership did not seem so far fetched.

“They called me six months ago, to propose to me this collaboration and of course, I was honored,“ she said thoughtfully while sitting in a suite at the Mondrian Soho, “It was a new challenge for me, exploring a different market and using my knowledge in this way, but I am an editor. Editor’s the right term for my work with Macy’s because I edit pieces."(Sara Leon for the Huffington Post)
.........Continue reading

“Designers have taken a painterly approach to fall 2011 by artfully combining bright colors with staple neutrals, reminiscent of how an artist would construct a stunning work of art,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Much like a painter's masterpiece, there is a certain romance to this season's palette.”  Stylist is doing a series called Pantone Color of the Week. They have taken swatches from the company's Fall Color Report and translated it to fashion and beauty. This week they are focusing on "... Emberglow -- a mashup of coral, pumpkin and salmon tones." Check it out here.



If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment